Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Toothless Tyler

Tyler lost just lost his first tooth! According to him, "It's about time!" All of the other kids in his first grade class have lost at least one tooth, so he was getting a little impatient. The Tooth Fairy gave him $1 for his tooth. When he woke up, he said, "The tooth fairy came, but she only gave me a dollar!" I guess some kids in his class have gotten up to $20. Does this seem ridiculous...$20 for a tooth? So, what is the going rate for the Tooth Fairy these days? Does anyone know?


6 comments:

jbel said...

ah heck, my chitlins wouldn't get more than 50 cents per tooth ... he's a lucky duck!

Kristin said...

My sister started leaving $1 for the 1st tooth, $2 for the second, etc. She's regretting it now that she has 4 kids and her 10-yr. old has lost like 13 of his baby teeth! Sorry, but our tooth fairy isn't made of money...our going rate is $1 for bigger teeth, .50 for smaller ones.

5 Brothers Farms said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I have been thinking about you a lot lately and hope you and your babies are having a wonderful holiday season with your parents! I really wish I was there so our kiddos could build snowmen together!:)
And $20 for a tooth? Are you kidding? Thatch hasn't lost any of his yet...but I'm betting he won't get QUITE that much!:)

Sarah said...

Funny, Ellen and Michelle Obama were talking about this on the Ellen Degeneres show yesterday (I think it was a rerun). I think the tooth fairy brought the Obama daughter $3, and Ellen thought it wasn't enough. Or something like that.

It's $1 in my house. And, like our family motto, "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." =)

Rich and Cheryl said...

From the kids at work the going rate seems to be $1-5. I keep telling the kids they are getting ripped off because to replace that tooth starts around 1,000. Yeah for Tyler.

Becca Juhasz said...

HOLY CRAP!!! $20 for a TOOTH!!?? Are you kiddin' me??? Like kids need to be even MORE greedy about things! That whole takin' advantage of Mother Nature- them and the tampon companies!
My girls get $1 (euro-or pound depending on where we live) or a small gift for their teeth. I think they are more excited to get a gift. Some hair bows or a cute pen. Our tooth fairy finds deals at the dollar stores!