Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More Joey Pictures

Here's some more pictures as promised. Joey was by far my shortest labor, but definitely my most painful. After 2 failed attempts at an epidural, I had progressed rapidly and was forced to deliver "a naturale." It was sooo painful (I guess that's why it's called labor), but luckily I only had to push for 6 minutes before he arrived. Besides being exhausted, we are all holding up well!




On the phone with Jon in Iraq..telling him about his sweet new baby!


My dad holding his new grandson.





10 comments:

Kristin said...

What a sweet baby, Lisa! Congrats to your whole family! And congrats on a labor without an epidural. I'm all about the drugs, but my epidural wore off on the last one, so I know what "au naturale" feel like. You should get a medal!

The McKinstry Family said...

Congrats! he is adorable. Sorry you had to experience labor without an epidural, brave woman. Your kids have grown and all of them are such cute kids. Good luck with everything, we are praying for Jon and you guys.
The McKinstry's

Kao said...

Congrats Lisa! He sure is a handsome little one! I sure hope you are getting help! Good luck with everything.

Lempskies said...

Sorry the labor was hard. We agree you deserve a medal- actually multiple medals for all you do!
He's such a cutie! Congratulations. Hugs to all your family-

Krysta and Cory Hymas said...

Hey Lisa! Congratulations! How fun to welcome in a new little life. I'm glad you are doing well and have some support with you. If you need to vent give me a call. I always get cheered up talking with you and I hope I can do the same for you.

CollyWolly said...

Congratulations Lisa! He's adorable and I'm glad you're both doing well even though you didn't get your epidural. I LOVE that picture where you're holding Joey and you can see all four kids! Great angle and everything.

jbel said...

he looks like Tyler- I love how long and skinny he is ... too cute!

Lynn said...

He does look long! And super cute. I think anyone with four kids deserves a medal. Much less one who has an absent husband.

I can't believe you have time to post Halloween pics, but I'm glad you did!

Kevin and Kristen said...

Congrats again Lisa. You are one strong lady and I bet Lindsay and Tyler are big helpers.

Philip and Melissa said...

So happy he's here and healthy!!! congrats you guys!