Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cupcakes

This past week was Tyler's birthday, so I took cupcakes to school. Since Lindsay has a summer birthday, I took her some as well. Lindsay's teacher has a summer birthday too, so we took her a cake (I'm teaching her the art of kissing up)! We had lots of fun being creative, but I never want to make cakes or cupcakes again! I guess I shouldn't say never...but maybe not for a long time. Tyler requested the ice cream cone cupcakes. His class loved them. One little girl told Tyler that he had the coolest mom ever. Lindsay requested kitty cat cupcakes. Hers were more time-consuming, but her class was thrilled. We used Foodoodlers to write the kids' names on Necco wafers and attached them to the cupcake as the kitty's collar. One little boy saw his name on the cupcake and hugged me! They thought it was cool to eat their nametags!




6 comments:

The cool family! said...

WOw, those are SO neat!!!!

Janet said...

Very cute!!
Nothing wrong with kissing up. I made our principal a chocolate cake and delivered it with my teacher requests for next year. :)

Sarah said...

Look at you go, Martha Stewart!! What the heck is a fooddoodler? I'm guessing some kind of food marker--who knew? You did GREAT!

jbel said...

alright Betty or Molly, whichever name you prefer ... you put me to shame!
April Fortenberry is all about doing some serious cake decorating lately too ...
I didn't get the creative bone you seem to share.
K wanted a unicorn cake for her b-day so I just took pink gel and traced a unicorn cookie cutter on the top of it ... wa la ... unicorn cake. ha!

Lempskies said...

Happy Birthday to Tyler!!!

Lempskies said...

Happy Birthday to Tyler!!!