Friday, May 22, 2009

Trip Part 2: Los Angeles

After 5 days in SLC, we headed to Los Angeles, California. Jon was presented the Flight Surgeon of the Year award at a medical conference there. My parents flew in to meet us and party with us. This was seriously one of the best vacations we've taken in a long time! We crammed so much fun stuff into 4 days. We toured Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, and downtown LA. We went to a Laker's Game and a Dogder's game. We took a tour of NBC studios and went to "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno. On the last day we were there, we went to the jewelry and fashion districts in downtown L.A. My mom and I found so much jewelry and knock-off purses, it was AMAZING! As we were shopping in the fashion district, the police came and confiscated all the knock-off purses that were being sold. Luckily, I had purchased mine before they were all gone, but my mom wasn't so lucky!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the pics--especially the Lakers game one. You're hilarious. I'm so glad you had a great trip. Did Jon win for the whole Air Force? Woo-hoo!

Lempskies said...

Great pictures- you look so good, skinny mama!
Speaking of mamas... glad to see yours has recovered sufficiently from the cactus poke incident and has, seemingly, full mobility. I love your mom! She's lots of fun.

Tami said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun. You did a great job on Tyler's cakes. I'm pretty impressed.

jbel said...

finally I see pics of you ... and why have you been hiding from the camera ... you look GREAT!