Jon and I have been working on a project. Most of you have noticed our gorgeous, flowery wallpaper in the background of many of our pictures...here's a couple pics in case you forgot...
Well, we finally got permission from our landlords to tear it down. What a great day! So here's the results after de-wallpapering...
Now comes the fun part...picking out paint colors. Does anybody have any suggestions? Our cupboards are white and our countertops are forest green. We have white tile floors. I definitely didn't get the interior decorating gene. Maybe I should go watch some HGTV!
7 comments:
Oh, why did you tear down that gorgeous wallpaper? It was so.....flowery. :)
I loved the pale green I did in Maryland for my kitchen, but I'm not sure how it would go with forest green countertops. What about a pretty pale yellow? Or even a really light gray?
I never noticed your back yard before! You have a trampoline, how fun! I wish I could give suggestions for paint, but I am really not gifted in that arena. I would probably pick something that looked good on a swatch but then hate it on the wall. Maybe neutral is the way to go? I like the gray idea.
If I could give you any advice it would be to get samples before you commit. We just went through this choosing samples for our entire house. See http://westbrooklyn.blogspot.com/2009/03/choosing-paint.html
Your countertops pose a challenge but I bet you will find something great to go with everything.
Congrats on removing the wallpaper - what a project! I was lucky when I moved into my house... no wallpaper except for a border in one room :-)
ewww! i hate tearing down wallpaper! did it take forever?! it's always so fun to redecorate...can't wait to see the finished product!! have fun in AZ! love ya!!
I vote for brown or tan. But, even the plain white is such an improvement. It's funny, I've seen that picture of Tyler b/f, but never noticed the cute snake cake- the background (well, and Tyler's great surfing pose) were enough to capture your full attention.
So, good job on the cake & the redecorating.
Post a Comment