Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So glad Daddy's back!

Jon arrived home safely on Jan. 31. We have been having lots of fun since he's been home. He doesn't have to go back to work for a couple more weeks and it feels like we have been on a non-stop vacation. We've gone out to lunch, gone to the beach, played tennis, and last weekend we went to Panama City, Florida for a weekend get-a-way. We are all enjoying having Daddy home, especially me! Jon really is an awesome father and he has been such a huge help with the kids. I've actually had some time to myself to just relax. He has loved seeing his new little baby and can't seem to get enough of him! Hooray...we survived our first deployment!


7 comments:

Janet said...

That's awesome! I'm sure it's such a relief - I can only imagine.

Lempskies said...

You are amazing, Lisa! We are so happy your family is all together & enjoying Daddy- D even spoke about Jon's return in his primary talk on Sunday.

Wilde ones said...

So glad he's back safe and sound. You've definitely earned several weeks to yourselves as a family. Welcome home, Jon!

Wendy said...

I'm so glad he made it home safe and that you can end your run as a single mom of FOUR! Happy Valentine's day!

Val said...

I am so happy for you! You are stronger than anyone I know!

Unknown said...

So glad he's back! Von wants him to call, so give him Von's #: 409-3252.

erin said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you have Jon back! It's gotta be great to have him home and that he finally got to meet his new baby! Joey is adorable by the way.
We are expecting another girl! I'm 29 weeks and due on May 6th and it feels like forever before this baby comes!!