I made it through 1 week without a husband...only like 18 more to go (but who's counting?). The week seemed to go by REALLY slow, even though we were really busy with kids' activities, my church calling, and just everyday stuff around the house. In all the craziness, I have definitely neglected my blogging duties!
I have a lot of respect for all the single moms in the world who carry the work load of both a mother and a father. This past week has made me realize how much Jon actually does to help me. Just having someone to entertain and play with the kids gave me a lot of extra free time that I am now missing. Jon is also the one who puts all kids to bed, bathes them, reads them stories, etc. Bedtime wears me out! Maybe the fact that I'm 36 weeks pregnant has something to do with that, but by the time they are all in bed, I'm ready for bed!
A couple of Jon's other chores around the house are unloading the dishwasher and taking out the trash. Both things I HATE doing! I don't know why, but I don't mind loading the dishwasher, I just hate putting it away! Oh, and taking out the trash sucks...especially when you miss trash day on Monday and have twice as much to take out on Thursday.
However, I shouldn't complain because some things have been nice...for example, I get the whole (king size) bed to myself. No fighting over blankets and waking up cold because he stole my blanket and no kicking him in the night because his snoring woke me up. Some other luxuries have been less laundry, only one car to gas up, no fighting over the remote (not that we fought much anyway...I usually control it), and no "hairs" on my bar of soap in the shower...all you married people know exactly what I'm talking about and don't deny it!
I definitely think I am going to survive without Jon around, but I am glad that it is only temporary. I need someone to take out the trash, so the next 4 months and 1 week better go by fast!
Monday, September 22, 2008
No time to blog!
Posted by Lisa at 1:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You're a champ, Lis--I knew you'd make it. I hate unloading the DW too. I think it's because loading actually makes the kitchen look cleaner, whereas unloading it doesn't make much difference. And as for pubes on the soap in the shower--ew! We use shower gel and each have our own little flubby. Thank goodness. =)
I'm cracking up about the soap n' hair comment. I remember that that was 1 of the 1st conversations I had with you when we 1st met. Ha! So we rented our place out in Md. (we're only guaranteed 3 yrs. here)B&B Belnap are doing well - just had baby Belnap #4 and they still want 1 more. So glad that crazy people like you guys are willing to populate the earth for the rest of us sane ones. Ha! Glad that you are doing well so far.
Okay....one word. LOUFFA! You need your own louffa/bodywash so you don't have to worry about "hairs!" You are sooo funny! Love ya!
Oh man, I'm sure that's tough! I'll be thinking about you guys! I'm sure you have lots of friends who'll help out! I know if you still lived here you sure would!
Take care, Ryann
I hate unloading the dishwasher too! (I doesn't make the kitchen look any cleaner moving dishes hidden in the dishwasher to hiding them in the cupboards) Matt does that for me when he's around (he's gone for the next 4 weeks). As for the soap, Matt's got his own. Good luck with the next 18 weeks and counting. . .
gmgreat pictures. there are none of me love mom
Lisa,
I just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you. I know it is not easy without your husband around but I know the Lord is watching over you and your kids. Let me know if there is anything we can do from San Antonio.
Alisha
Well, you are a tough lady Lisa. That would be so hard being pregnant and your hubby not there. You are actually one of the only ladies that I know of that can do it. You are so strong and so self-reliant. i.e. driving to Florida with three kids all by yourself.
Those are the two chores I hate the most too. I hope things get better. I didn't know he was going to Iraq. That could be me in a year.
I guess I wouldn't miss Ben much because he doesn't have any chores...I need to change that.
You're gonna get through this wonderfully. You're as tough as anyone I know.
Post a Comment