Sunday, August 17, 2008

I've Been Tagged

My friend Sarah tagged me, so here it goes!

20 years ago!
(Who can remember that far back?)
1. I was 8 years old.
2. I was getting ready to go into 3rd grade.
3. My oldest brother had graduated from high school and was getting ready to go to BYU.

10 years ago!
1. I was 18 years old and I just graduated from high school.
2. I was packing up to go to BYU in Provo and saying good-bye to good friends and my boyfriend. It was definitely going to be a new chapter in my life!
3. I went on an Alaskan cruise with my parents and their friends. I had sooo much fun. I went deep sea fishing with my dad, mountain biking, and kayaking in freezing cold water. Our waiter on the cruise ship was this cute Romanian. We even met up one late night and he planned a very romantic evening. I was very flattered. It was kinda like Titanic, but no iceberg!

5 years ago!
1. Let's see, summer of 2003...Jon and I were living in Germantown, Maryland. I was 23 and I just had Lindsay in July. Tyler was only 14 months old when Lindsay arrived, so I was scared to death to have 2 kids so close together. I didn't know how I was ever going to handle it!
2. In August 2003 we had gone to Idaho to visit family. When we returned to Maryland, our house had been flooded! One of the pipes in our house broke. Two out of the 3 floors in our townhouse were destroyed! It was the beginning of a year-long nightmare of dealing with the insurance company and trying to get the repairs done! Not a very fun time.
3. Jon was starting his 2nd year of medical school.

3 years ago!
1. Jon was getting ready to start his 4th year of medical school. There was actually light at the end of the tunnel!
2. Jon had to do an out of town medical school/military assignment, so a friend of mine and I took our kids to Hershey Park, Pennsylvania. We had 4 kids under the age of 3 and it was quite the adventure to say the least. We came home exhausted, but the kids had fun...I think.
3. Tyler was 3 and Lindsay was 2 and we were thinking about having #3. Were we crazy?

1 year ago!
1. My grandmother had just died. I went to her funeral in Missoula, Montana. I took Anna with me (she was almost 9 months old). The week of her funeral just happened to be the week that the movers were at my house packing all of our stuff. I had to coordinate people to help with my kids (Tyler and Lindsay didn't go to the funeral) and also to supervise the movers. It was a crazy time. Thanks to all the good friends in San Antonio who helped out! I couldn't have done it without you!
2. We were moving to Eglin AFB, Florida from San Antonio, Texas. We had just found tenants for our house in San Antonio, so I jumped in my car with all 3 kids and made the 12 hour drive to Florida by myself.
3. We checked into a hotel on base the night we arrived in Florida and the next day, Tyler started kindergarten. Jon had to stay in San Antonio to do Flight Surgeon Training. He joined us in Florida in September. I was excited to live so close to the beach, but not excited to unpack!

This year so far!
1. We have been to Disney World 2 times.
2. Tyler "graduated" from kindergarten and Lindsay from preschool. I will have two kids in elementary school. I can't believe how fast they grow...And #4 is on its way.
3. Jon and I have been to the DC temple, the Orlando temple twice, the Palmyra, NY temple, and the Boston Temple.

Yesterday!
1. Jon and I went boating with the kids. I drove the boat for the first time while the kids and Jon tubed! It was a blast!
2. We watched Michael Phelps get his 8th gold medal of this Olympics. Jon and I were cheering! Go America!
3. A lady in our ward died a few days ago and I had to help out with the luncheon at her funeral.

Today!
1. I skipped church but for good reason! I had to take Jon to the airport cuz he is in San Antonio this week for pre-deployment training. I also had to help him pack...seriously!
2. I am going to a friends house for dinner.
3. I am resting cuz it's the Sabbath, right? Does blogging count as resting?

Tomorrow!
1. First day of school...hooray! I am taking Tyler and Lindsay to school in the morning. They go everyday from 8-3. Life is good.
2. I need to go grocery shopping.
3. Cleaning my house...it's a mess! Oh, and I have tons of laundry to do. I will probably watch the Olympics too!

Next Year!

1. We will probably still be living in Florida...but who knows with the Air Force.
2. I will have 4 kids, the youngest will be 10 months old!
3. Hopefully I will have lost all my pregnancy weight and I will be lookin' good, ready to hit the beach!
Okay, so now I tag 3 people....Cheryl Kingsford, Emilee McClinn, and Cami Mosteller.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun post, Lisa--you did it quick! When does Jon leave? Are you ready? I'll call you sometime.

The cool family! said...

Wow Lisa, HEY! Last I heard you were pregnant with Anna... now your having a 4th! That is super awesome! Hows Florida? Brace yourselves for the weather this weekend!
Things here are good! We still live in the same old place. Lots of people coming anf going, but we're still here!
I can't beleive how big tyler looks! And Lindsey! It's shocking! I saw Sarahs blog and thought the same thing about her kids!!
Good to hear from you!

Kevin and Kristen said...

I didn't know that Jon was being deployed. Maybe this is old news, but I have sort of been out of it. When does he leave? Glad to hear that things are going well for you guys and it was fun to read your tag!

Lynn said...

yes i think blogging counts as resting. it's like journaling right!

it was fun to read all about you guys. you are one accomplished lady!

Janet said...

I hope your romantic evening with the Romanian wasn't too much like Titanic with your late night meet up... HA! HA!

Philip and Melissa said...

What a fun post!!! You pretty much updated us all on your life...so fun to catch up!!! What a beautiful little family you have, Lisa!