Anna turned 2 on Wednesday, but we decided to celebrate today! She was really excited about opening presents and loved it when we sang to her. I think her favorite present was the dress up shoes that Grandma Pam gave her.
We had a really good Thanksgiving yesterday. Jon's parents and sister, Jaynann, came to hang out with us over the holiday. We had really good food and we were all stuffed full! We went to the beach after our big meal to walk in the waves and let the kids play in the sand.
Jon sent us a Thanksgiving letter and here is a little bit of what he said...
......You don't recognize how great or important some items are in your life until you go without them, very much like a fast. Simply hugging your spouse or kids, or picking up your daughter or son have greater meaning now. There is no leather recliner or high definition plasma tv with cable. The showers are very rusty and sand flies line the walls. Many of the simple freedoms we enjoy like driving down the street and not worrying about being shot or driving over a bomb are lacking....I am grateful for my family and recognize more clearly how important they are in my life. I am grateful for our freedoms and can't wait to return to enjoy them. I am grateful for all those American heroes that have preserved these freedoms and have done it by laying down their lives for us in that defense. May we all remember the great goodness of the Lord, and His sacrifice, the One that Made the Greatest Sacrifice and draw closer to Him this Thanksgiving. I love you all and miss you....
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Here's the birthday girl!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Terrific Two's and Thanksgiving!
Posted by Lisa at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Hey friend--thanks for sharing Jon's letter. His experiences put things in a whole new perspective. And I love the pics of little Anna--I can never get enough of your fab floral wallpaper in the background. LOL. Take care, and I hope all is well.
thanks 2 jon for putting it all into perspective.
I laugh every time I see pics of yours that show the Peptobismal pink walls or the floral wallpapered ones ... must keep things bright and cheery over there, huh?
Thank you for sharing Jon's letter. It was very inspiring. I am thankful for his service and your sacrafice as well. Hang in there. Sorry I had to delete my earlier comment, too many spelling errors.
I can't believe Anna is 2! I really liked Jon's letter. Thanks for sharing that. We are headed your way next weekend and would like to stop by and see you guys if you're around.
Thanks for sharing Jon's words. What a great reminder of all we take for granted! Looks like you are hanging in there beautifully.
Post a Comment