Friday, August 28, 2009

Washington D.C.

We had a blast on our trip to D.C. It was a lot of fun just to get away and relax. Here are the highlights:

Jon and I went to the Legg Mason Tennis tournament while his family babysat the kids! It was AMAZING. I am a huge tennis fan: I love to play and watch it on TV. We got front row seats (literally). I got to TOUCH Andy Roddick. We bought one of those huge tennis balls and I got about 10 autographs. It was one of the best days ever!




We visited some museums with the kids. They loved going to see the Smithsonian, especially after seeing Night at the Museum 2.



We went to an Orioles game in Baltimore with some of our good friends, the Lunds. The game got rained out and so we all had to run for cover. It's always an adventure with the Lund family!


It was so much fun just being with family. We spent time with Jon's family and then my family flew in the second week we were there. We even celebrated Jon's mom's birthday with her.




My parents were in town for the annual Subway Sandwich convention. My parents paid for us to go as guests and let me tell you, it was out-of-this-world. Free stuff galore...free sandwiches, soda, Subway paraphenelia, etc. Of course, I forgot my camera, but my mom is hopefully going to send me some pictures and then I'll post them. I even got my picture taken Jared, the Subway guy!

Overall, it was a very relaxing (besides driving in DC traffic) and fun trip!

2 comments:

jbel said...

I'm cracking up about the difference in autographs you received on ur trip ... A.R. from tennis vs. Jared from Subway- ha!

I loved seeing the pic u posted w/ the Lunds. Everyone has grown so much, except for you. You have been shrinking.

Congrats! You look great!!!

Lynn said...

How fun! Ben and I are tennis junkies too. (I think we all played together one time right?) So glad it's U.S. Open time. We've only been to a couple major events but my dream is to someday do a world tour and catch the French, Wimbeldon and The Australian. Is that too much to ask?