Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July!

We had a very festive 4th of July. We made our annual trip to Alabama to get the "good" fireworks! We had a huge 4th of July party at our house...about 50 people came! We barbecued and had tons of delicious food. We ate and swam in the pool and then we went outside for our firework show. Jon's co-worker brought a bunch of fireworks too, so it was quite a spectacle! All-in-all it was a great way to celebrate! Thanks to all those who came!


Buying the fireworks in Alabama!

A patriotic cake...it definitely looks very homemade!

Yes, those are Roman Candles in my hand...I am kind of a pyro!

I love the 4th of July! Happy Birthday, America!

2 comments:

jbel said...

wow the kids are growing so quickly!

I think my fav pic was the one of the family on the jet ski ... so cool!

I'll bet the 4th has new meaning for you guys. We're feeling that way already and Drew hasn't even been over to Iraq yet.

glad you had a great party and thanks to Jon for already giving service to our nation!

Kevin and Kristen said...

I will never forget a couple of summers ago at the Loveridge's and the firework that landed on the neighbors' roof. Oops! Good times!