I've been meaning to blog this story for a while...
When we were in Phoenix for Spring Break, my parents drove down to see us. One day my parents were babysitting all 4 kids so Jon and I could go to the temple. When we got back to the hotel, my mom was all flustered and upset. I asked her what had happened...
I guess Tyler and Lindsay had been playing outside the hotel room and were pretty fascinated by the giant cacti that were everywhere. Tyler was able to pull off a big cactus needle and he was very proud of it. After Tyler and Lindsay came inside, they were calmly watching TV. My mom was trying to clean up around the hotel room and she bent over right in front of Tyler. Tyler obviously spotted his Grandma's large buttocks (sorry Mom, but it's true) and he poked my mom in the fanny with his cactus needle.
So then Jon and I come back to the hotel and we hear the story and I honestly had such a hard time keeping a straight face. I had to put on my "Tyler, you are in big trouble" face, even though I thought it was hilarious. I really had to hand it to Tyler for being so creative...although, I probably would have done the same thing when I was a kid.
It gets funnier because then my mom (the hypochondriac) thinks that she is going to die from this cactus poke. She said her butt was numb and her whole right leg was beginning to lose feeling. We didn't stop hearing about the cactus poke the whole trip.
We've been home from Phoenix for over 2 weeks now and yesterday, my mom calls to tell me that she thinks the cactus poke is now infected because it is all red and there is a hard welt there. I just had to shake my head and laugh. Too funny!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
The Deadly Cactus
Posted by Lisa at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL!
Isn't Jon a doctor? Why doesn't he fly out there and take care of it. :)
Von and I are laughing as well. I think because I can totally picture everyone the way you described them perfectly! I can see your mom now...
Post a Comment